Wednesday 26 April 2017

CLASS 7 HOLIDAY HOMEWORK AND WORKSHEET

* LEARN THE Q & A OF NUTRITION IN PLANTS AND HEAT AND TEMPERATURE.

*LEARN  THE FIRST TWENTY ELEMENTS AND THEIR SYMBOLS, NAME OF THE COMMON COMPOUNDS AND VALENCY TABLE.

* COMPLETE THE WORKSHEET.


1.Can you give me a name? Solve each of the following riddles by writing the name of the organism and its mode of nutrition. One riddle is solved to help you.
 (a) I am tall but I cannot move. I am green and can prepare my own food.
 tree, autotroph
(b) I live in water; people keep me in an aquarium and feed me.
 (c) I am small and I can fly. I disturb your sleep, bite you and suck your blood which is my food. ,
 (d) I am white and soft. I grow well in the rainy season. Children pluck me from the ground and admire me. I absorb nutrients from decomposed dead parts of plants and animals in the soil.

2.Fill in the blanks of the paragraph given below with the words provided in the box. chlorophyll, energy, food, carbon dioxide, water, photosynthesis Note: A word can be used more than once.
 Leaves have a green pigment called (a)------------- which captures (b)----------- from sunlight. This (c)------------- is used in the process of (d)----------- and along with other raw materials like (e)------------ and (f) ---------------synthesize (g)-------------- .

3.At a camp site there are tents of two shades – one made with black fabric and the other with white fabric. Which one will you prefer for resting on a hot summer afternoon? Give reason for your choice. Would you like to prefer the same tent during winter?

4.Shopkeepers selling ice blocks usually cover them with jute sacks. Explain why.

5.To keep her soup warm Paheli wrapped the container in which it was kept with a woollen cloth. Can she apply the same method to keep a glass of cold drink cool? Give reason for your answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment